Are you looking to improve your skills as a business owner or professional? We have innovative public seminars ranging from communication to sales throughout the year. Check back here for updates or sign up on the contact page to receive updates as new courses and dates are added.
Can you tell if someone is telling the truth just by looking at them? It is a skill that a lot of people do not have. Through Body Language Basics you will be given a set of tools to use to your advantage. These tools can be utilized in the office and at home. Understanding Body Language will provide you a great advantage in your daily communications.
Body Language 101 will provide you with a great set of skills to understand that what is not said is just as important than what is said. It will also give you the ability to see and understand how your own Body Language is being seen. You will be able to adjust and improve the way you communicate through non-verbal communications.
- Define body language.
- Understand the benefits and purpose of interpreting body language.
- Learn to interpret basic body language movements.
- Recognize common mistakes when interpreting body language.
- Understand your own body language and what you are communicating.
- Practice your body language skills.
Many studies have found that public speaking is the number one fear amongst most people, outranking flying, snakes, insects, and even death. Ironically, it is also one of the skills that can make or break a person’s career.
The Presentation Skills workshop will give you presentation skills that will make speaking in public less terrifying and more enjoyable. This workshop includes topics that participants can look forward to including: creating a compelling program, using various types of visual aids, and engaging the audience.
- Perform a needs analysis and prepare an outline
- Select presentation delivery methods
- Practice verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knock down nervousness
- Develop and use flip charts with color
- Create targeted PowerPoint presentations
- Utilize white boarding for reinforcement
- Describe how video and audio enhance a presentation and list criteria for determining what types to use
- Enrich the learning experience with humor, questions, and discussion.
From Scratch to Stage is a workshop designed to support business owners and professionals in developing or refining a short presentation (or a segment of something larger) all while having fun!
- Develop a 5-15 minute presentation (or refine something in progress)
- Learn and participate in improvisation exercises with others that support mental agility and speaking with more ease on the spot
- Practice and refine presentation skills
- Learn valuable techniques for quieting nerves
Class will include:
- Relaxation exercises including great breathing techniques for focus, calming, and grounding
- Exercises to support developing mini spontaneous talks
- Working in groups on specific presentations with structured feedback
- Goal setting!
To be able to craft and deliver a story effectively is the difference between engaging your audience or not. A story is all about the emotion and feelings that we can identify with. A great story while it may include details that are unique to you, it will include feelings that are relatable.
We believe that in order to grasp the meaning of story we need to live it and experience it. Storytelling for Business will cover the foundations and principles of storytelling along with an emphasis on using improvisation to analyze and create story. This is a highly interactive course with opportunities for learning, reflection, writing, and creating.
- Participants will learn the fundamental elements of what makes a great story
- Myths and Fables will be explored as a launching point to the business myth/fable
- The narrative will be dissected and rebuilt through interactive games and experiences
- A great business has to have a hero/heroine- we will explore the hero/heroine stories as they relate to supporting the business story
- A framework will be introduced to support creating stories on the spot
Benefits of attending:
- Better understand the role storytelling plays in both our personal and professional lives
- Better coach your teams/management on how to use storytelling to communicate, inspire and develop/implement strategy
- Develop a common language to critique stories
- Define actionable ideas, story tools and methods to develop a variety of different business narratives
- Be able to clearly identify your audiences needs, obstacles and desires in the stories you create
- Be a better storyteller
Developed and Created by Improv Consultants
Gaining Client Trust will provide a deeper look into what creates long lasting client relationships in order to increase sales. Sales is all about whether someone likes and trusts you. Having the right approach can be the difference between a sale or losing the client all together. Whether you are in sales or in a position with various stakeholders, this class will teach you the essential skills to gain trust.
- Develop an understanding of how our current definition of trust guides and motivates us
- Learn The Trust Equation
- Gain a high level understanding of 5 essential trust skills
- Strengthen listening skills
- Acquire techniques for building relationships versus pitching/selling
- Learn a technique for improvising & speaking spontaneously
- Create a plan to put learning into action
Developed by Improv Consultants www.improvconsultants.com
In Workplace Communication you will learn:
- To communicate effectively by using the mechanics of voice and language – projection, modulation, pace and tone
- Non-verbal components of communication. How to read your audience and assess rapport
- How to get your message across in a clear and concise manner
- Techniques for keeping your audience engaged
- Methods for speaking extemporaneously, thinking on your feet and speaking without a script
We will use improvisation techniques to:
- Overcome tendencies of timid communication
- Be a clear, direct and sound communicator
- Create connection with, and awareness of, others
- Develop a flexible and adaptable communication style
Although the definition of a sale is simple enough, the process of turning someone into a buyer can be very complex. It requires you to convince someone with a potential interest that there is something for them in making their interest concrete – something that merits spending some of their hard-earned money.
The Perfecting the Pitch workshop will give you techniques for crafting a pitch to use at networking events.
Are you a business owner or executive and struggle with public speaking? Do you sometimes stumble over your words, lose your train of thought, and feel like a deer in the headlights resulting in your feeling ineffective or somehow lacking? This workshop will help you gain confidence in presenting yourself, your message, and speaking in front of others in a safe and fun environment.
To inspire others, leaders must be able to take risks, make bold choices, and present themselves well! Improvisation helps people feel comfortable breaking routines and creating new ideas. We let go of controls that otherwise inhibit our inner creative speaking ability. By doing the unconventional, we experience insights and ideas we would not otherwise access. In this workshop you will use the principles, practices and tools of improvisation to learn to take risks to enhance your presentation skills!
The workshop is highly interactive and will combine networking while incorporating strategies to take your speaking/presenting to a new level.
- Make an effective pitch
- Increase confidence in public speaking and presenting
In order to be a dynamic leader it is essential to present yourself in a dynamic way! Improvisation is becoming a well known 21st Century skill and in order to effectively lead a team or present yourself as a leader, taking risks and being able to think outside the box are essential skills. Combining coaching, and relaxation methods, vocal and physical exercises, improvisation activities, and various debriefing and reflection strategies, this workshop will help you to develop and strengthen your executive presence.